What are the Stem Cells?
Stem cells are biological cells found in all multi-cellular organisms, that can divide through mitosis and differentiate into diverse specialized cell types and can self renew to produce more stem cells. In mammals, there are two broad types of stem cells: embryonic stem cells that are isolated from the inner cell mass of blastocysts, and adult stem cells that are found in various tissues. In adult organisms, stem cells and progenitor cells act as a repair system for the body, replenishing adult tissues.
How they work?
- Plasticity: Potential to change into other cell types like nerve cells
- Homing: To travel to the site of tissue damage
- Engraftment: To unite with other tissues
What can be treated with Stem Cells?
The following deseases can be treated with Stem Cells – Autism,Diabetes, Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular Dystrophy Treatment, Heart deseases,
Anti-Aging and Rejuvenation therapy, ALS/MND, Alzheimer’s Disease, Anemia, Arterial Hypertension, Cancer, Eye Diseases, Erectile Dysfunction, HIV/AIDS, Idiopathic, Encephalopathy, Liver Diseases, Parkinson’s Treatment, Rheumatoid Arthritis, SMA, Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn’s Disease
This is not a guaranteed therapy as some patients vary in the results, but around 80% + of patients treated are showing very positive outcomes.
Doctors on Stem Cell treatment Video
Here is description of how treated cancer with special type of stem cells – T cell
- Anti-cancer T-Cell ‘cell therapy’ – adoptive immune therapy such as LAK (lymphokine-activated killer cell) and CIK cell therapy.
- Anti-cancer cytotoxic therapy – cytokine therapy such as IL-2, interferon, etc.
- Anti-cancer gene therapy – gene vaccine therapy, CEA gene vaccine, P53 gene etc.
- Anti-cancer antibody therapy – bio-missile therapy such as heceptin, Glivec, etc.
A possible next step will be Stem Cell re-generative Medicine, which it the possible technology to assist our friends and relatives who currently have medical problems and have the need for new organs due to liver disease, throat cancer, prostate cancer and the likes.